3rd Annual MEF Gala 2020
On Saturday, February 29, the Millbrae Education Foundation (MEF) held their 3rd Annual Gala. Parents and educators from all campuses, community leaders, and philanthropists donned sophisticated (and some unique) masks ~ set for a night of generous giving, libations, and fun with friends!
The memorable night would not have been possible without generous support from our sponsors; the hard work from all our volunteers; and the unbelievable participation from all our guests.
December 4, 2019
We held our Holiday Boutique on Wednesday evening. Veteran Board Members Natalie Yang and Suji Chang chaired the successful event with the help of our dedicated Board Members and Volunteers - THANK YOU.
Thank you to Quinton Jay and his Staff for offering his space and discount - if you haven't visited this wine shop, you are missing out on a neighborhood gem.
Thank you to ALL our cheery vendors:
- Artist on Wheels Studio
- Atelier Prelude
- Bonjour Bakehouse
- Muse Refined
- Planet B Gifts & Garden
- Rodan + Fields
Thank you to everyone who attended this event!
Thank you for supporting the MEF this GivingTuesday!
December 4, 2019
Thank you to our District and School Leaders, all our MEF volunteers, the wonderful City of Millbrae, and all our supportive GivingTuesday (official and unofficial) Ambassadors for spreading the word these last few weeks, for sharing/re-sharing, for GIVING of your time, and for DONATING to the Millbrae Education Foundation.
Thank you to everyone near and far who supported our GivingTuesday Campaign.
Every dollar donated will go towards our effort to hire one additional instructional aide per school site by 2021.
This year, Mayor Wayne J. Lee, issued an official GivingTuesday Proclamation for the City of Millbrae!
The MEF, a proud participant of this worldwide movement of charitable giving, in collaboration with Mayor Lee and the City of Millbrae, is advocating for charitable giving and random acts of kindness on December 3, 2019 and throughout this season of giving.
We are specifically encouraging our neighbors, friends, and families to give to the MEF (please see our infographic below).
What can you do for GivingTuesday this year?
- GivingTuesday isn't about just one day of giving. It's a movement to think beyond ourselves and our world. It's about doing acts of kindness everyday. Why not start this GivingTuesday?
- Support the MEF by donating (click on the blue button below). If you've already donated for this year (thank you!), we still need LOTS of help. Let others know - neighbors, friends, relatives near and far! Share our Instagram handle and Facebook page!
- If you've made a GivingTuesday donation, take an unselfie, use this template, and tag us (@millbrae_kids)!
Donations of at least $150.00 received by December 3, 2019, will be entered to win 4 Disneyland Tickets (transportation and accommodations not included). Drawing to be held at the MEF Holiday Boutique on December 4 at 8pm, Bacchus Wine Shop, 25 E Hillcrest Blvd, Millbrae.
Follow us on Instagram: @millbrae_kids
#learnwithoutlimits #mef #givingtuesday #millbraekids
To date, WE'VE made $198,000 for OUR students!
September 25, 2019
Dear Millbrae Education Foundation (MEF) Community,
Congratulations! Thanks to YOUR generosity, TOGETHER we have raised over $198,000 so far this year! To date, this is the highest amount our community has raised through Donation Days!
This is 31% of our $650,000 Annual Goal. This is a huge accomplishment and a great start!
The grand total includes contributions from all the groups listed below.
The Millbrae School District and Millbrae students are deeply grateful for all your support! THANK YOU!
Funds from the MEF Annual Goal allow us to work with the Millbrae School District (MSD)and every PTA/PTO to bring a more equitable and well-rounded education to EVERY Millbrae student.
- The MEF will send out a survey to parents, guardians, and teachers to gather feedback on programming priorities - YOU ARE A VALUED PARTNER IN YOUR CHILD’S SUCCESS.
- As a non-profit organization run completely by volunteers, WE NEED YOUR help - no matter how much or how little time you can give throughout the year. What you do will make a positive impact on every Millbrae student. Volunteer today.
President, MEF Board